How the Net Generation is Changing The World
If you’re a Baby Boomer or Gen-Xer, this is your field guide.
A fascinating inside look at the Net Generation, Grown Up Digital is inspired by a $4 million private research study. New York Times bestselling author Don Tapscott has surveyed more than 11,000 young people. Instead of a bunch of spoiled “screenagers” with short attention spans and zero social skills, he discovered a remarkably bright community, which has developed revolutionary new ways of thinking, interacting, working, and socializing.
Grown Up Digital reveals:
- How the brain of the Net Generation processes information
- Seven ways to attract and engage young talent in the workforce
- Seven guidelines for educators to tap the Net Gen potential
- Parenting 2.0: There’s no place like the new home
- Citizen Net: How young people and the Internet are transforming democracy
Today’s young people are using technology in ways you could never imagine.
Instead of passively watching television, the “Net Geners” are actively participating in the distribution of entertainment and information.
For the first time in history, youth are the authorities on something really important. And they’re changing every aspect of our society-from the workplace to the marketplace, from the classroom to the living room, from the voting booth to the Oval Office.
The Digital Age is here. The Net Generation has arrived. Meet the future.